miércoles, 20 de julio de 2011

[Game Chef 2011] Three Insights

Vincent's Three Insights, about what I really want the game to be about:

1. Subject matter: I think that for the past couple of centuries, people have been confusing and blurring the edges between Love, Dominion and Sex. I think most people do not know how to distinguish one from the other, and that is one of the main reasons most relationships are so hard and do not last for long. And I think that even then, people usually use what they know about seduction in one of them, but not the others. Also, I think that seduction is all about finding what the other person wants, and using that to make the person want what I want.

2. Roleplaying as a practice: Give them carrots, and they will follow. Give them freedom of choice, and they will choose whatever fits their own personal worldview. And I think that people communicate a lot about themselves while playing, whether they realize it or not.

3. Real live human nature: I think that down deep inside, we all like to seduce, and we all like to be seduced. We want someone to validate that what we do is ok, or in any case some feedback that tells us what are we doing wrong. We want the other person to do what we want, but we want the other person to be the one that realizes it by himself. And we use customs, body language and patterns as guides to seduce and be seduced. We like to learn the rules of the game, and we want to win that game. (Funny thing is idealy winning means winning for both.)


Thy honourable metal may be wrought
From that it is disposed: therefore it is meet
That noble minds keep ever with their likes;
For who so firm that cannot be seduced?

Cassius, Julius Caesar [Act I, Scene 2]

No hay comentarios.: